Saturday, April 2, 2011

Blueberry Rhubarb Tart

I have a bunch of frozen blueberries and rhubarb in the freezer from last spring so I made this dessert with them. The tart crust recipe can be found here:


For the custard filling I cheated a little and used Bird's custard powder with local milk. For the blueberry rhubarb topping:

2 cups chopped rhubarb
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup water
sugar to taste


Simmer rhubarb, blueberries, water and a few tablespoons of sugar until thickened. Add more sugar if necessary.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I failed twice at making custard yesterday. The trusty Birds custard never thickened, so I tried a simple custard recipe, i.e. milk, eggs, and that curdled. Ended up whipping cream to go with the banana cake that I made with overripe bananas. The cake came out great.

    ReplyDelete