Saturday, August 18, 2012

Locavore Friendly Restaurants in Pittsburgh

Dinner at Legume Bistro
I am thrilled to see that Pittsburgh resaturants are embracing the local food movement.  Although I don't eat out often, I am more frequently seeing menu items sourced from local farms.  One of my favorite resaturants in Pittsburgh is Legume Bistro (featured in the photo). Every time I've been to Legume the menu is different and includes a variety of local seasonal foods, and every choice is delicious. I also had a fantastic meal at Root 174which sources locally.  I had perfectly done local lamb at Casbah.  Yesterday I had a delicious four course dinner at Toast! which sources from One Woman Farm and Crested Duck Charcuterie.  I also highly recommend trying the Crested Duck Charcuterie; they make phenomenal cured meats sourced locally. Other restaurants that I have not yet had the opportunity to try that source from local farms include:




No comments:

Post a Comment